"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lighthouse Family Retreat

Eric and I are planning our first mission trip together as a couple to a wonderful seaside retreat. The mission of this group, Lighthouse, is to restore family relationships and find hope in God in the midst of childhood cancer. We will spend the week serving these families, washing their clothes, feeding them, pampering them, showing them God's love and helping them find time to relax and be renewed. We will be going with an outstanding group from our church and are just so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing ministry. Here's a little more on Lighthouse:
http://www.lighthousefamilyretreat.org/

One of the things I am most excited about is having a week away with Eric! We haven't done this since we've had children. We actually just took our first kid free overnight trip away a couple of weeks ago when we celebrated Eric's 40th birthday! I think there is no better way for us to spend time away from our children, than serving God right beside each other. So I am encouraged by these thoughts! I am also very anxious about leaving my boys for a week. They will be staying with their grandparents and I know they will have a GREAT time! I just have never been away from them for sooo long! I pray the week goes fast for all of us and wonderful memories will be made by all.

So if you're reading this, we would appreciate all the prayers we can get for this week in June that is fast approaching! If you feel led, here is a site where you can donate toward our pledge goal:
http://lighthouse.pledgeraiser.org/p/Ogrodowczyk/lighthouse-fundraiser
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

1 comment:

  1. thats awesome kerry! you are such an amazing person and exciting to see you--not only growing and being used by God, but influencing your own kids with you faith--living it out! hope you have a great time. i'll say prayers..i've never been away that long either--but I am sure they will do great!

    ReplyDelete