"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Monthly recap

I see it has been over a month since my last blog post! Yikes, I could be labeled as a slacker!
There's been a few significant things that have happened over the past month that may deserve their own blog. I'll try to just do the quick recap today.

Mid-March I went with 3 other ladies from my church to an Extraordinary Women Conference. I have no pictures of that event sadly, but the memories are imprinted in my heart. It was such a sweet time of refreshment and encouragement to me...I called it the CEUs (continuing education unit hours) of my spiritual walk. I really want to do a blog post about all God spoke to me during those 2 precious days. It was so amazing!!

A few weeks ago my dad started having some chest pains....the journey was a little long after that and ended up with him at Duke University where he underwent a quintuple bypass. It was pretty shocking to us all since he was pretty active.




Here he is after his surgery. He is recovering at home now. I told him I was grateful he chose spring break to have this happen so all four of us were able to be there with him during his hospital stay. I'm hoping to convince him to come stay with us a little while during his recovery process, since my mom is working and he is alone during the day. We would love the company!


Here's a pic of the boys at Easter. We spent Easter in Durham with my dad, mom, and sister's family. My dad was still in the hospital at Duke.

We are back home now. Noah started back to school yesterday after spring break. It was GREAT to just be home and get back in our routine. I love routine.

One last story and I promise I will try to be a more consistent blogger....
The other day Noah and Eric were doing a bible study together. Nathan was a little sad that he wasn't involved (the study is just a little too old for him), so I gave him a few large jewel beads from a necklace I had. He loves to carry rocks around and these had fun shapes and colors so it did the trick. However, yesterday one of these stone thingys was on the couch and Noah (!) decides to put it in his mouth and swallow it. I'm not sure why that happened but here's the picture of the stones compared to a quarter. They do things like that in cop shows to show scale so I thought I would be fancy.

He swallowed the solid pink one to the left. I'm so thankful he didn't choke! I called the jewelry company to make sure there was no lead in it. Noah has panicked ever since and has worried himself to death. Thankfully the stone passed today! yay! So thankful nothing bad came of that! Boys keep life interesting and fun! Although I'm certain they are making me grow gray!!
I'm hoping for more blog posts soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment