"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The journey has begun

We are almost midway through our Lighthouse trip and I wanted to give a little update. The journey for spiritual growth has begun as well and I can promise that God has already brought numerous blessings and growth opportunities so far. I will give the big report when I return but here are a few prayers requests and pictures of our adventure.
Prayers requests:
Just really prayers for health of the little girl Eric and I are taking care I this week. And also for her family to have renewal and just a time of being able to feel God's presence.
Physical strength for me. I am very tired. I want to be at my best this week and I just really need the strength and energy so I can serve at my best.
For my children. Noah has had a few episodes of being homesick and Nathan had been testing his limits every chance he can get. And I miss them. A lot.
For the volunteers and families present in this retreat. There have been so many smiles and laughter so far and it is all genuine. God is here and I pray each and every person here is moved to a point that it is life changing.
I will come back and label pictures later since I can't figure out how to do it on my phone. I can tell you one thing this week that has been so funny. Last night the volunteers did a flash mob style dance, look it up if you don't know what this means. I was mortified to have to do this rehearsed dance in front of everyone but I did it! I was horrible and I was totally uncoordinated. But our worship leader told us to remember this for this week, "it's not about you". What great lessons in humility that cannot be taught in normal daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment