"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First REAL haircuts

Up to this point, I have always cut the boys' hair. I started this tradition because Noah was such a colicky baby, we were scared to take him anywhere! So I did the best I could and gradually got a little better. By the time Natey came along, I felt like I was a semiprofessional stylist! Above are a few shots of the boys in their early haircut years.

Since Noah is starting kindergarten in the fall, I felt like maybe it was time for me to temporarily hang up my clippers and let Noah get a big boy cut for his first day! So I started letting his hair grow out and it was driving me nuts! Nathan just decided to go along for this shaggy hair ride also.

After several stellar recommendations, we picked our man, Mark Henry! By the way, Noah took this picture himself. Mr. Mark was very kind, fun, and did an outstanding job!! He also goes to our church and we know he loves Jesus! Noah requested that Mr. Mark start picking him up every day on his way to work so Noah could get daily haircuts (way overkill little Noah!).





They did great, I could not have been more pleased. No squirming, no fussing, no sweating and headlocks by me!! We all loved it!!



Finished product! My clippers have been retired for good, Noah has made a new superhero friend for life, and the boys got some yummy cookies as a treat when we got home.

1 comment:

  1. Love them. I think that they look like little military boys. So cute. They can come with me next time that I take the twins to the salon.

    ReplyDelete