"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Monday, December 12, 2011

Little friend party

Last Friday the boys invited their little friends over for a movie night. They were all so cute it was almost too much for me to handle. Above they are sitting on the couch watching one of the movies. No, they didn't stay there long, there was too much to see and do when you are ages 2-5!

My dream came true at dinner time. When we decided to build this house, I wanted one thing for the kitchen. I did not want a formal dining room, I wanted a place where I could have a big table where we could be ourselves, messes and all, and laugh and enjoy each other. I wanted plenty of seats so we could have lots of friends over.



One of the movies we watched was Polar Express. There's a fun scene in it where all the kids get hot cocoa so I thought it would be fun for us to mix up a batch up homemade cocoa mix. We learned about measurements/simple math and each little boy got to dump a special ingredient in. They also had to use their biggest muscles as each took a turn to mix up the massive batch of hot chocolate mix. They had so much fun and kept say, "my turn! my turn!!".  Sorry about the fuzzy nature of the pics, Eric had greasy pizza fingers!

After we mixed it up, we traveled back to the basement to finish watching movies....and drink hot cocoa of course!! Things taste so much better when you make it yourself. We had fancy little cups, and we spilled it all over the place, but it was so FUN!! I just love these little guys. I'm so thankful that their sweet parents let them come over for a memorable evening full of laughs. The two best parts....my heart was so full by the end of the night, and my boys slept like rocks they were so exhausted!! Can't wait to do it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment