"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Thankfulness

Just thought I would try to start mentioning some things that I am thankful for on Sundays from the past week...
1. Friends - I had a birthday on Tues. and I was just overwhelmed by kind words. I mean words that I feel like I can never live up to! Not only was I showered by kind words, but kind acts as well. A pamper session, yummy dessert, and just the sweetest gifts ever. This past week I really felt like God showed me how much he has blessed me with old friends, and new ones...with encouragement and with people who are willing to speak my love language. So thankful for all of that.
2. Peace - I am thankful for God's peace in circumstances that are beyond our control. I have a tendency to be anxious in all things and I feel like this week God taught me a powerful lesson about praying specifically for that anxiety and praying for peace. It was life changing. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6. I have this in my kitchen. I read it daily. But this week I realized that the first part is a command, "DO NOT be anxious" then pray. It's impossible to trust God when you are anxious. When the peace of God fills you, your perspective changes on all things.
3. My husband - I'm thankful for him always, but this week especially. I'm thankful that we are in this life thing together and that we can grow and learn as a team. There's nobody else I would rather do it with.
4. Our Sunday School Class - Eric and I teach the 4 yr old class and they are a hoot. It is challenging at times but so rewarding to be a part of their lives at this time. Some of the children come from rough families, some from amazing families...and I love them all. Here's a little list of the things they were thankful for today in class: "family, my shirt, you (ME!), poopy (really this brought a lot of laughs), spending time with Poppy after church outside, my girlfriend (again these are 4 yr olds), you (again, Me! melt my heart)." We have a lot of laughs and I'm thankful God put us in that class to serve Him. We would have never picked that role, but we are having fun learning.
I could go on, but I'll save some more for next Sunday! Thank you, God for the many sweet blessings this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment