"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sweet Monday


Yesterday I had the privilege to co-host our Ladies' ministry group called "Sweet Monday". http://www.sweetmonday.org/ Check out the website if you want to know more about the Sweet Monday tools and maybe consider starting one at your church!

I LOVE this group of women at our church and I give them credit for giving me the confidence to get out more and become more involved in church. I feel like my spiritual walk improved tremendously after the very first Sweet Monday I attended. I began to feel like it was ok to take chances, to make our little (sometimes fearful and OCD - haha!) family known to people and open our hearts to new opportunities and new friendships. I'm so grateful for the wisdom and insight the "more seasoned ladies" bring to the table, for the endless laughter, and for the sharpening all these women provide for me. I know that I don't speak much at these meetings, and often you'll find me near the back in the most unseen location I can find. But I ENJOY it, absorb it, and it fills my cup and speaks to my soul. So maybe these women don't realize how much they mean to me because I don't say it, so I was really excited to be able to co-host at our new house to SHOW them I loved them. I am grateful, humbled, and utterly in awe of my friend, April Scott, who took the main hosting duty and led our little group in activities and a lesson that was so profound, well, I'm pretty sure she's the only one who could do it such a phenomenal way. Sweet Mondays are "Women's Socials on a shoestring....tied to a generous God" and I feel like our lesson last night "tied" our whole lesson, Lavish Love, to the most important person in our life, Jesus. How great is that! It was a great lesson, I wish I would have videotaped it! Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed our night!


Playing games with a partner

Goodies


My mantle gave me OCD fits

April's Valentine pretzel yummies found on pinterest! Aren't they gorgeous!



Balancing pretzel yummies on our head to try to get them in our mouth!

Check out the concentration!

Lots of laughs made my heart happy

2 comments:

  1. Fun. Glad that you shared the pictures. I felt like I was there, too. Mostly because of the mantle OCD but also because you documented the event so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ha! i've found you! were you hiding from me!! why mrs. O--its like a long lost friend!

    ReplyDelete