"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer's almost over...


 These 2 facts hit me today....summer is almost over, and I've done a horrible job blogging this summer! So sorry!! Here's a little recap (pictures below in random order)...

No big vacations after the Lighthouse trip. Lots of family time...lots of fun friend time. Lots and lots of brother time!!



8 years later, he's still the man of my dreams
Eric and I celebrated 8 years of marriage this week. We were blessed to find a sitter so we can celebrate tomorrow night for a long overdue date night!
Our Honeymoon bliss




We had a week of surgeries. Noah got tubes in  (for some conductive hearing loss and lots of ear infections) and adenoids out. I got my gallbladder out after lots of gallbladder attacks. I am so very thankful my mom came that week to help us and to watch Nathan. I'm happy to report that Noah and I are both better than before....Noah regained all his hearing back and I haven't been sick anymore!!

Cuddle time with Nonna
Post surgery, his color looks awful but he did GREAT!
pre surgery
presurgery    
merry go round at the mall, fun brother day



our first watermelon

Terrified of the merry go round
coins to ride, Noah's enthusiasm cracks me up
Our only garden success were these!
Once he realized the speed of the merry go round he was all smiles!
Noah's new classroom this year!
Noah starts 1st grade next week. Nathan was going to start pre-K but in the last minute they canceled his class. This was very disappointing to me because I really feel like he needs a little extra discipline to teach him to sit still in school to get ready for kindergarten. So, since God closed that door for pre-k...I'm going to homeschool Nathan! Anyone who knows me, knows this is a huge deal because I really don't want to homeschool. Not because I don't like the thought of it, I just question my ability. We will start next week...say a little prayer that Nathan and I will both adjust to a new routine and we will both gain confidence through this experience. I will try to blog a little about our experience, and I would appreciate any input along the way if anyone of you are homeschool people and want to help me along with this journey.


 

1 comment: