"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Monday, August 20, 2012

What's Heaven like?

My original plan for this week was to start homeschooling Nathan today. However, Noah doesn't start first grade until Thurs. and I wasn't sure how this would all work out. So I prayed for direction and this is what I felt led to do...a 4 session curriculum kit by Anne Graham Lotz titled Heaven: God's promise for Me. We started last night so we could be done by Wed. It has been so fun to talk about Heaven, to read scripture about what Heaven will be like and just let the boys' imaginations go crazy about what it will be like. I have enjoyed this little mini bible study so much and we have only done one day of it. And, how perfect that God would lead me to such a short lesson just do do something really special and fun right before back to school!! God is so good! Have you thought about what heaven will be like? I don't know the specifics, but I do know that the very best things we have, on the very best day of life, with everything going absolutely perfect, will not compare to the glory of being in God's presence. If you're reading this, and don't know Jesus as your personal savior, I want to tell you more about it. I want you to be able to experience what God has in store for you here on earth, and especially in heaven. Send me a personal message at 4ogies@gmail.com if you have questions. Jesus is my favorite subject to talk about! And if you have children ages 4-8, this is a great mini- study that I would be happy to share with you once we are through, so feel free to send me a message about that! Happy Monday! I wrote this on facebook, but I'll share this here too:
Encouraging verse for the day: "the Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exalt over you with loud singing" Zephaniah 3:17 ...Have a happy Monday, keep in mind someone is over you singing and encouraging you to start this day with gladness!

1 comment:

  1. OOH..THAT LOOKS FUN..I'LL HAVE TO LOOK INTO THAT! THANKS FOR THE INFO!

    ReplyDelete