"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Family Picnic Day

Today we had our Family picnic day for new families at Noah's school. This was for all age groups and for any family who would be entering the school for the first time. The picnic started at 11am. The kids just ran in the gym and just got to know each other in the beginning.

Noah got hit in the face with a soccer ball early on. A lot of the kids were much bigger than he was and he just wanted to be in the middle of it all. Here he is above after a few tears and a hurt ego.

Then here's Nathan....aka Mr. Grouchy "I need my nap" Pants. Eric and Nathan left after only being there for about 15 minutes. So that left Noah and I to go through 3-4 very long yet informative classrooms meetings about school procedures. They said Noah could stay in the gym and play with the other kids, but since he had already gotten hurt once, he stayed with me for the meetings (most of the younger children went with the parents).

Here he is...bored out of his mind!!!
Finally after what seemed like hours, we were able to sit down and eat the cookout food.


Noah nearly stuffed an entire hot dog in his mouth in the first picture, and I almost did the same with a burger!! All those classroom meetings made us famished!! Noah's first real impression of his school was not great, but I'm sure his orientation on Monday will be better...I'm praying!! I learned more about how much this school REALLY loves Jesus, and how hard they try to make this school accessible to everyone through scholarships and tuition assistance. It didn't seem like your normal stuffy private school. It seemed like I place where I know once Noah sees his teacher and new friends, and gets in his normal routine, he will grow like a weed!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poor little O's. Hoping that Monday and Tuesday are more successful!!

    ReplyDelete