"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Favorites List

Since this is the first week of kindergarten I thought I would share our "Favorites List". This is a little game I have been playing with Noah to try and get some information out of him from school. He tells me his favorite thing about his day, the next favorite, and so on, until he gets to his least favorite. For each on his list he would tell me a little story about each.

Noah's List from the first day (please note how ready he is to go to school...so excited!)
1. Most favorite - Snack time (this is no surprise because he LOVES to eat!)
2. Next favorite - Recess in the gym
3. Least favorite - Story time (my guess because he had to sit still)

2nd Day Favorites List

1. Recess at the playground
2. Snack time
3. Least favorite: Could not think of one. He said he loved everything he did. Yay!

My Favorites List for this week
1. Most favorite: Seeing the love that Noah and Nathan have for each other. Noah has worried about Nathan all week and really just loved on him in such a sweet way. I did not tell Noah this, but Nathan has been so sad without Noah here. The first day he did not move from the couch the entire time Noah was gone. He just held on to his blanket and watched TV. The second day he probably asked for Noah 400 times. He followed me around like a lost puppy dog and just wouldn't play with anything! If Noah knew how sad Nathan had been, he wouldn't be able to enjoy school.  He just cares that much about people, that he would rather miss out than know that someone is upset because of him.
2. Next favorite: Seeing how much Noah is enjoying himself. I love seeing the sparkle in his eye when he talks about school and the spring in his step as he is getting ready to go. He LOVES it and it makes the transition so much better for me knowing that he is happy.
3. I love how the school loves the kids and most importantly loves Jesus. You can see in their face, you can see in their actions, you can feel it when you walk through the halls. It gives me chills.
4. My least favorite. Letting go.



1 comment:

  1. That last comment about made me choke up and offer you a hug. About.

    ReplyDelete