"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What we've been up to

1. We have been so busy with the move I haven't had time to think!
2. We have been frantically cleaning, packing the old house, and unpacking the new house.
3. My camera is broken!! :( Boo! I fell in a creek and ruined it so I will just have to use phones pictures until I get a new one.

Please read on for more on what we've been up to....



Move day was Monday Aug. the 1st. The movers were wonderful...so careful and efficient. April Scott watched the boys for us ALL DAY...she played with them, fed them, napped them, and then bathed them. Then she delivered them with happy full hearts at dinner time. After all that, April and her husband Pastor Dustin graciously shared a carryout dinner with us and prayed with us. Our day would not have been possible or more special without these wonderful angels that God purposefully put into our lives.


There was no bath for me on the first night, or relaxing in the rocking chair! Just plenty of work that continues even still. Tomorrow we will turn the keys to the old place and finally be able to focus on getting settled in the new one.

The boys have been keeping themselves busy while Eric and I work doing things like .....



Catching bugs! The first picture is of a massive praying mantis. We kept him for a few days in our bug habitat and then let him go. But he's still hanging out  by the door....and did I mention he is HUGE!
The boys have also been catching tiny little frogs. The second picture is the sand /water table that has been converted to a frog pool with plastic toys being used as lily pads. The imagination and the grossness factor is overwhelming!!

Today I rode my bike to the mailbox to get the mail. This is just hilarious in so many ways but I really enjoyed it! I'm sure the neighbors were laughing at how unsteady I was (I used to be a great rider and now not so much). We are really looking forward to settling in, having some new adventures, and making this place the home we have always dreamed of having.

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me LOL. It also makes me reconsider visiting your house because I fear that my children will take a liking to baby frogs, too. Yeech!

    ReplyDelete